... with anger, activity, unlubricated and nauseating awakeness.

And here it is! Enjoy the sticky audio-visual ride into the abyss.


Nils Frahm. Usurper. I am a jealous lover whose friends have begun to notice you. When I saw you perform I was driven to medication – offering such a simple, lubricated, half-asleep and smiling passage into the universal comforts of certain harmonies and timbres so calmly orchestrated – and carried through with such deceitful aplomb! Nils, you have discovered a power that I never had the courage to approach: You have spoken to our bodies and resonated demurely the joints down our spine, listlessly prescriptive and in denial of our own overcoming! As a man underground I stole what I could from you and forced it to reconcile with my childhood – with anger, activity, unlubricated and nauseating awakeness. Because in the theatre where I saw you, you brought us to our feet with strings. There was calm in the air and a transparent violence in your harmonic resolutions. I needed to sedate myself. No longer, Nils – I will show my respect by roaring in opposition: untied, unseamed, I will laugh my way into bright-eyed activity so that others, with great and glorious difficulty, may hear and bolt with joy in the other direction. I sleep with your resonant icons, Nils – but now is not the time!
The flood is approaching!
Directed and edited by Julia Milz
Music by BUFFLO
Director of Photography Isabelle Stachtchenko Sirois
Actors Burcu Emeç, Peter Shaw
Make-up Danya Gilday
Costume and Art Direction Phil Fortin, Teyana Neufeld

Special Thanks to Leonardo Nieto- Montenegro and Anthony Kennedy

http://bufflo.ca/
www.juliamilz.com


Comments

Popular Posts